Sunday, July 6, 2014

Catching Up

So I just checked and the last time I posted was when Evy was just 6 months old. Time has flown.

We've been busy these last four months! My parents visited in April, and we loved having them here. We kept things easy going and took a quick trip up the road to Yellowstone. Its such a beautiful place. We went the opening weekend, so everything was still covered in snow. I had such a fun time reminiscing with my parents as they told me of the times they remember being there as little children with their families. Evy loved the outdoors and all the adventures that ensued. We all had a little too much fun teasing my mom about what a baby she is in cold weather. But as much as I tease, I'm made of the same stuff. The thought of snow makes me shiver.
Our pink marshmallow! 

All of us together in Yellowstone!

Then Evy and I headed down to Utah with my parents while Donny was so vigilant and started the Spring semester (Don't worry, we left him with at least 2 pounds of bacon). We had a blast down in Utah. Mikeal graduated from BYU in Civil Engineering (I think?) and they were getting ready to move back to Fresno. It was so fun being with everyone. I know we have pictures from that, but I can't find them!

Evy has two new teeth! She had a rough few days, and then POP out came two new pearly whites. She is still figuring out how to use them, but its pretty cute to watch. Her little bottom teeth have completely transformed her smile, and its just another reminder that my baby won't be a baby forever.

Along with new teeth, she has a newfound passion for anything/everything in the water. She absolutely loves the splash pad, and has a complete meltdown every time we leave. She likes to stand at the bottom of the slide and let other kiddies splash waves on her as they come down. At first I was a little distressed about this, but when I try to move her to a new spot, its no good. She is quite determined and she knows what she likes! This past weekend we took her to the indoor pool at Donny's work on campus and she absolutely LOVED the pool. I support her with one hand on her stomach and she just glides around happy as a clam.

For the Fourth, we wished so badly we could go down to Utah to be with Donny's family as they supported Katelyn's baptism and Maris's baby blessing. We both had work on the 5th, so weren't able to swing it. But we did have a fun time here in Rexburg! We had fun during the day, and then went to Menan, ID for fireworks with friends. We were a bit apprehensive about Evy with the fireworks, but she thought they were so neat. The canon boom didn't even startle her. She's a champ.

And now as the 7 week break approaches for Donny we're getting excited. This will be our third and last summer in Idaho. We've got our bucket list made and trips planned. It's going to be a fun one.

After the summer, Donny has the Fall semester and then we'll be moving to Mesa, AZ. Its going to be such an adventure, and the wait is killing me. There are so many things I am going to miss about Idaho, mainly the people, but there are so many things I can't wait for in Mesa.

Some of our dear friends are moving in the next few weeks, and I'm going to miss them so much. But what I love now is that I've got life long friends, and so many fun memories. Yes, Rexburg can be a chilly place in the winter, and theres a 30 minute drive to the nearest Target, but I love being here with all my friends and loved ones. If only it were a shorter drive to Clovis and Madera.

I taught the lesson in Relief Society today, and this quote from President Uchtdorf stuck with me, "The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments. They are the ones who, thread by daily thread, weave a tapestry of gratitude and wonder throughout their lives. These are they who are truly happy."

Here's to the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments! :)




2 comments:

  1. you're the cutest! I CAN'T WAIT to see you again in the fall!! and HOLY COW Evy needs to stop getting old, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job on your blog! Love reading about your little family.

    ReplyDelete