We finally have wifi! Yes! Donny spent quite a bit of time on the phone with people from several continents to figure it out...but we are finally 'on the grid'. Ron Swanson would be in misery.
We're pretty much settled into our new apartment. Still working on acquiring furniture, so if you hear of anything, please let me know! Evelyn is loving having her own space, and she loves being able to jump on her mattress and roll all over the carpet. Before, our apartment in Rexburg was only hardwood flooring, and she was very timid about falling, or anything like that. Now, since almost everything is carpet, she is a full blown toddler, nothing really holds her back from having a good ol' rambunctious time! :)
We're still working on getting a few things in line for Donny to work as a substitute teacher in Madera Unified. Lots of hoops to jump through. But as always, even when it gets frustrating he still has such a positive attitude. Love that man.
We went to our new ward on Sunday, and had a fun time. We're in PeachWood ward for the next few months until we move to Monterey. I'm getting SO excited for Evelyn to go to nursery. Not so much because it's tough to keep a toddler quiet and happy during Sunday school, but because I know she is going to have a great time. She made a lot of friends in Relief Society on Sunday, and it was really cute to watch her little personality come out. Some of the sisters had fun toys and snacks, and she was all over that. Haha. I am going to need to bring better snacks to keep this little girls attention!
We love being so close to family, and being able to see them so often is such a blast. For the most part of our marriage (almost 3 years!), we have been more than a 1,000 miles away. Its a nice change of pace to be so close to everyone. Evelyn can almost say Grandpa and Grandma. Right now, everyone of importance (Donny, Grandmas, Grandpas, etc) is called Mama. So I'm feeling pretty high and mighty ;) Ha.
And the weather. Oh the weather. To my Idaho friends, I am so sorry to be that person that reminds you that other places in the world don't even have a winter. I don't even know where my scarves or gloves are. I almost wore sandals the other day, and frequently find myself having to take off my sweater, cause it's getting warm. But, you will be laughing at me, when come July I am dying of heat stroke, or something related. Ha. It all just makes me more excited for Monterey :)
More to come when we have more to share :)
I'm happy everything is going so good.. Wish it was warm where I was!
ReplyDelete