Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Wedding, A Move, & A Baby

I feel like we are finally coming up for air…right before we take another plunge! For the past month, every weekend we have had something big going on. We were either traveling, finishing a major project, finishing a million little projects, or something of that sort. I think that was what I loved most about this past Mother’s Day. We did absolutely nothing. No big fancy dinner, no big plans. Just a sandwich, a 3-hour nap and some good company. I am easy to please. I’m voting for every Sunday to be Mother’s day! 

This past weekend was a blur, but a happy one. Donny’s younger brother Derek was sealed to his sweetheart in the Oakland Temple. The ceremony was beautiful, and the bride and groom were grinning from ear to ear. They were (and still are I’m sure) genuinely happy, twitter pated and giddy. Seeing people in love is marvelous, and it makes me happy, especially because Donny still makes my heart skip a beat!

This was the first time I had been to the Oakland Temple, at least the first time I can remember. The grounds are beautiful, and the view was spectacular. It was a clear day, so we could see the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, downtown San Francisco, and so much more. But even better than the view was the Spirit that we felt being inside the temple, and just walking around the gardens. I felt immense gratitude for my parents, and their decision to be sealed in this temple. I thought about their wedding photos, and it was neat to see the places where those were taken. I always thought the white suit, cummerbund, and feathered hair in their photos were a bit 1980’s for me, but a temple marriage is something that will never go out of style. And I’m sure that my daughters will look at our wedding photos and think my hair was tacky, and Donny’s tie was strange, but I hope they feel the same pull towards the temple, and the eternal blessings it promises.

Now that Derek and Raycelan are married, the next big thing for us is our move! I cannot even begin to describe how perfectly everything is working out. The Lord is absolutely involved in our lives. We found a great apartment, for the best price and it’s close enough for Donny to walk or ride a bike to school. Not to mention, it’s only 6 blocks up from the beach. Pinch me. Evelyn loves to play in sandboxes, or just sand in general, so I can’t wait to take her to the beach, and just give her a cup and a plastic shovel. We’ll be there for hours.

So this coming Saturday, (Yes, just 6 days from now!!) we’ll move everything to my parents, crash with them for a few days, and then move to our new apartment in Monterey. We’ll be staying there for a bit so Donny can finish working the school year in Madera Unified, and because our contracts didn’t quite line up, so we’ll just spend the in between time getting some quality grandparent time in before we move. They are so generous and gracious in letting us stay with them. I know Evelyn is so excited to swim in the pool and play with all the toys.

So after we are finally moved into our new apartment, I’ll be 36 weeks pregnant. We’ve decided to have the baby in Monterey, so we can stay together as a family. I know it is definitely not ideal, but I’m choosing to see the glass half full. I am healthy, the baby is healthy, and the hospital I’m going to deliver at in Monterey is a great place. Plus, I’ll probably have the best hospital room view! I’ve gotten in touch with some members of our new ward and a few friends, and they have been so helpful in aiding my search for an Obgyn and Pediatrician. 

Another blessing that recently came our way was Donny’s new job! He was able to find work in Monterey for the summer break. Donny will be working this summer for the Education First Foundation, an international company that hosts summer camps for foreign students, to help their English language skills. This job is a definite blessing, and we are so grateful. Like I said, everything is just coming together perfectly.

No matter which way we slice it; it’s going to be stressful and a bit uncomfortable. Moving, having a baby, starting a new job, starting grad school, and everything else that may come our way is going to be tough to balance and handle. But isn’t that the whole point of everything? We were sent to this earth to learn, and be tried and tested. Staying in your comfort zone will avail to nothing. So here we go. Bring it!




No comments:

Post a Comment