Maybe someday I will write more consistently. Maybe.
Our Christmas was wonderful. We spent most of the break in
Clovis/Madera with our parents and a few siblings. Donny and I went to see the
Nutcracker Ballet, and we loved it. I love, love that I married a man who not
only attends, but semi enjoys cultural events, ballets, concerts, etc J But don’t get me
wrong…we watched a whole lot of football over the break. A whole lot.
After having such a busy semester, pretty much being a
single parent, wondering when my poor husband would get home from the library
(2am or 3am), it was a huge change to be on vacation. And wow was it nice!! Donny
passed all six of his classes with B+ and higher. Such a brain. Makes my
head hurt.
We rang in the New Year by going to sleep before 10. It was
the best. I think I want to do it that way every year from now on. (That is
definitely the sleep-deprived parent in me speaking)
Donny is still serving in the Young Men’s presidency, and I
am an instructor in Relief Society and the pianist as well. It does make for a
fun Sunday when I get to play the hymns and teach the lesson. Lots going on!
I’ve started teaching piano again, and I love it! All of my
students are from our congregation, and they are such a fun group of kids. They
are all at different skill levels, so it definitely keeps me on my toes. Donny
has been able to be home with the girls during the lessons, so that has been
really nice. When classes are in full swing again, I will most likely be on the
hunt for some afternoon help.
The girls are doing so well. They love each other very much,
and it melts my heart to see them laugh together, and play. Evelyn is usually
trying to wake Claire up from a nap so she can play. (Cute the first time, not
the umpteenth) Life is good.
This coming year is going to have so many fun and exciting
things going on; A few of them at the same time! In March, we get to celebrate
our 4th wedding anniversary! In April, Donny will be going to
Baltimore for the 50th International TESOL conference for a week,
and then later that month he’s helping put on the FLEDS conference here in
Monterey for the University. Claire will be 6 months old on Friday, and a year
old in July. Evelyn will be 3 in August, and Donny will graduate in December.
And a million other everyday and happy moments will occur between now and then.
Let’s hope that I get around to blogging sometime before then J
Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment